Thursday, November 30, 2006

Comfort food.

I have been in a swing lately where NOTHING sounds good or tastes particularly fantastic.

But last night, I made something that is a total comfort food for me and reminds me of home and my mom's cooking and it was wonderful. I finally tasted something that was really good and really hit the spot.

Andrew brought back some meat from home in his suitcase (yes, i know, odd). It was frozen in sealed bags and stayed frozen the whole plane ride back to MS. Well, I cooked some of the pork chops last night. I coated them in egg and salt & pepper and flour and fried them in a little crisco (just enough to have them not stick).

SO GOOD. This is how my mom has always cooked them. Quick and easy. I highly recommend this if you haven't tried this way of cooking pork chops before. I cooked them on Med. or just under Medium heat. I turned them twice, I think. Don't turn them too much or the coating will be more likely to fall off.

I love comfort food!

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made this the other night, and it was so good! Thanks, Dena!!

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I hadn't had them like that before. I have a hard time cooking pork chops and having them taste good, since they tend to be so dry. I told Tom we were having them that night, and he sounded a little disappointed, so I knew I had to come up with something good that we would both like. And "comfort food" sounded really good to me, so I went with that. And he RAVED about them! I made his favorite sides (mac and cheese and sweet potatoes), and he still liked the pork chops the best. It is so much fun to cook something that Tom likes, because he is super picky. So thanks!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home