Tuesday, July 25, 2006

This isn't a new occurrence but I haven't told you about it yet and I want to vent.

There is a makeshift storage unit across the street from the Seminary, which the seminary owns. This storage unit used to be a grocery store, and it is next to the Seminary Library. The storage unit is available to all the seminary students to put their stuff in. As much room as you need, only open to seminary students. Well, when I moved here from KC, all my stuff (including lots of furniture) was moved into the storage unit. Andrew moved everything into our apt, and a chair was/is missing. Long story short, I had two rocking chairs for the living room that my parents gave us that were in my house growing up, literally, my entire life. They are identical chairs. All of our stuff was all together, with police tape around EVERYTHING and signs attached to our stuff and on the police tape stating our names.

And one of the two identical rocking chairs is gone.

Um. yeah. It looks as though a seminary student "borrowed" it.

I'm pissed.

I want my chair back.

4 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll bring it back...if you're nice.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

Hope you get your chair back :)


Dena, one of my friends here in Charlottesville is going down to Jackson to begin her Masters in Counciling at RTS. :) Her name is Ariel Jackson, so if you run into her at church or whatever, let her know that I say hello.

--Grace and Peace--

- Hunter
http://www.thewildgoosechase.org/hunter/

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Andrew Barnes said...

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

The pork chops turned out pretty good... I got them on sale at Kroger, too, probably during the same sale. My crockpot tends to overcook things, though, so some of the pork chops were slightly dry. But they were still good. I cooked them with some chopped onion and dumped a can of cream of mushroom soup over them, and that helped keep them moist while they were cooking.

I'm sorry about your chair-- that sucks that it would be stolen by a seminary student. We have had so much stolen lately, and it's frusterating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home