Monday, May 08, 2006

About a month ago, I had the first fitting for my wedding dress, and I didn't tell you about it. Which is a shame.

I had mentioned to Frenchie that I needed to locate someone here in Jackson to alter my dress for me. She mentioned a woman named Carol that they've known for years and does lots of alterations and lives right down the road from them. So I decided to call her up and see if I could come in and meet her and show her my dress. So I did and we did.

I rang her doorbell, dress and shoes and accessories in tow, walked in her house, and then followed her into "the room."

You know how in classic movies, the bride is always trying on her wedding dress in the room, either in an attic, or up a few stairs, and it has the three-sided mirror, and the wooden floors?

Yeah. well, this woman's room was something straight out of a movie.

Coming in the house, we went through the living room and I followed her up about three stairs to a room with hardwood floors, the three-sided mirror, old curtains, an old wooden chest, an old sewing machine - afghans and such are laying on the furniture....and it made me smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home