Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Who else has vivid memory associations with a particular smell?

Because I do.

The particular smell being: Andrew's cologne. He happened to leave it with me here last time he visited. The most vivid memories that come to me are of our first year together, probably. He also wore it a lot more often, then.

These are some of my memories that specifically come to mind when I smell it:
Hugging him in the Day's Inn parking lot at night, maybe for the first time. It was the night he gave me the green tee shirt.

Walking on the plaza with him.

Crying in the Amtrak station parking lot as he prepared to go back home.

Our special date at the park along the MS. river (where we got engaged three years later).

Watching movies on his couch.

Kissing and hugging him.

Walking around navy pier together.

...Yes...it is a wonderful smell.

And I get to see him in one week. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home