Thursday, August 18, 2005

Wow. I had the weirdest dream, ever.

I was back at East Antioch Elementary School because we were having some sort of elementary school reunion. Our "graduating class" gathered in Mrs. Hitchcock's art room. I remember seeing her and several other E.A. kids. Lindsay Hall was there. She got all of our attention and said she had something to show us. Cradled in her arms, she had this bean stuffed pillow. And she was telling us something about it. I have no idea what. But then, she removed the pillow and underneath was a baby. And she said something like, "This is my baby." And I looked at her, stunned. And then I started crying. As in weeping. As in, I cried so hard in my dream, I couldn't breathe. (People were like, whats up with Dena?) And it was because I was moved and happy. --This was the first one of my long time school friends that had a baby. And seriously, I cried and I cried and I cried. I just sat with her, and couldn't talk. And my chest hurt really bad because I was sobbing so hard, I couldn't breathe. At one point, I halfway got myself under control to say something, and I said, "You do realize that your baby and your sister's baby are less than a year apart" (which is a true statement), and then the realization of that made me start crying again. Ha. But I just remember feeling so happy and moved and touched and I kept sitting there with her looking at her holding this baby and I just couldn't believe it.


How strange is that? I'm sure I sound like a freak, but the feelings were so real.

I think maybe partly why I had this dream is because everytime I watch a baby story, or a show where a baby is born, I cry when they take the baby out and give it to the mom and dad. Seriously. I cry EVERY TIME. And I was thinking about that yesterday when I was watching a baby story.

1 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Andrew Barnes said...

maybe you should have a baby as soon as you get married. It is your phsyci(sp*) telling you to do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home