Sunday, May 22, 2005

Ok. For those of you who don't know, Andrew proposed on Thursday night. So we're officially engaged now. :) ANd no, we have no date set. Being engaged is all very new and we're just trying to let it sink in right now. And we will be incredibly poor (finanically, but not in spirit!), so thats a tough thing, too. And really NOTHING can be planned till we set a date. I thought that I could at least pick colors and start planning decorations and find bridesmaids dresses and look for a wedding dress, but really none of that can happen, at all, till we know when we're getting married, as it depends on the season for everything from shades of color to coverage of dresses, etc. so yeah.

that is the really short version. but it was incredibly romantic, and he did it up here where i am still vacationing in his hometown in Illinois. I'll post more about it later. And i had NO clue he was planning on proposing during this trip. none at all.

woot.

12 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

w00t!! congrats, Dena!

 
At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how is the ring? :-)

Matt

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. :)

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Dena said...

Matt, I actually decided I didn't want an engagement ring, I just want a nice wedding ring. :) So we didn't do the engagement ring thing.

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw man!!! dena! i'm so excited for you! you're the first one of my friends to get engaged!! at least that i know of.ahhh haha, i almost cried when i read the message you left me, i'm so excited for you! haha. love you deans~!

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, so he really will be wearing the pants in the family. :-)

Matt

 
At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.. he will wear the pants.. yay... the way it should be. :D

Dena-bug, I am so so so so so happy!!!

I can't stop smiling. :)

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Dena said...

Matt...haha..i'm sure the pants thing is a joke, but i don't get it...at all. oh well. :) Thanks everyone for being excited for me! I'm pretty excited for me, too!

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dean, oh how we forget. :-) Remember when there was a big ordeal over the fact that you wanted a diamond engagement ring, and he didn't? You even tried to get me to help you have him "do the right thing" and you swore you would say "no" to a proposal unless you got a diamond engagement ring. Looks like Andrew got his wish, and thus will be the one "wearing the pants in the family." It's just a refernece to who in the family tends to run the joint, but I figure you have no problem submitting to Andrew. :-) Anyway, congrats.

Matt

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.. dena, I cant believe you dont remember that!

Danielle

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Dena said...

Dear Danielle and Matt.

*ahem*

I never said I didn't remember the whole webboard Andrew and engagement rings fiasco. I didn't say that I didn't remember that. I said I wasn't sure what the "he'll wear the pants in the family" comment was all about. Since I had nothing in context to tie it to, I didn't know what Matt was talking about/referring to. Lol.

Sincerely,
Dena.

lol

 
At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dena,

Congradulations on your engagement. Some sage advice from your buddy Strongbad. Don't nag or deprive or use stall tactics. Its ineffective. Also, remember to keep house well and don't let Andrew put the dishes where you don't want them to go.

Crapfully yours,

Strongbad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home