Wednesday, September 17, 2003

so guess what. this is pretty dang cool, i think. ya know how all my classes are either on the net or telecourse? well yeah...so i dont' actually have contact with my teachers.....so i am taking intro to law....and i took my online test.......which consisted of 80 points.....i got 64 pts correct...which gave me an 80 percent.......and i had some qualms with some of the grading....so i emailed my teacher a very lengthy email explaining each test question i had an issue with....and this is the jist of what she wrote me back.........:

Dena, I don't have your "introductory letter" before me, so I
don't recall the answer to this question -- are you planning to go to
law
school? If so, that would be a good choice for you. Your manner of
raising
these issues was very professional, and you present your arguments in
coherent and cogent form.

I will credit you with 1 point with respect to Question 18 ("checks and
balances"),

Moreover, in view of the fact that you took the time, invested the
effort,
and presented your views in such a professional and articulate manner, I
will credit you with an additional 3 points. My guess is that you
learned
something from the experience of going back and reviewing the
instructional
materials and constructing an argument based on your interpretation of
those
materials.

So, the bottom line is, I will credit you with a total of 4 points, and
those will be added to your present exam score. Dena, I don't know if
there's a way for me to go into the "grades" module of WebCT and
manually
make that adjustment. If not, I will make a note in my gradebook and
the
adjustment will be made at the end of the semester when I calculate your
final grade.



woot woot! how happy am I?!?!?! very happy!!!! so instead of getting an 80 % on the test, i am receiving an 85 percent! five percent?!!??! that is really exciting to me! thank you God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home